Date:      Sat, 30 Sep 1995 10:33:49 +0100 (MET)
From:      Alain Kalker <alain@Wit401402.student.utwente.nl>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   tclX build problem

(Oops, Jordan... It seems I just happen to pick on you while trying to be
a nice guy :-) (Like with the docs...) )

When trying to build lang/tclX (needed by net/scotty), I get the
following error message:

===>  Building for tclX-7.3b
mkdir tclmaster                2>/dev/null; exit 0
mkdir tclmaster/lib     2>/dev/null; exit 0
mkdir tclmaster/include        2>/dev/null; exit 0
mkdir tclmaster/bin     2>/dev/null; exit 0
mkdir tclmaster/src            2>/dev/null; exit 0
rm -f tclmaster/lib/libtcl.a
cp /usr/ports/lang/tcl/work/tcl7.3/../tcl7.3/libtcl.a tclmaster/lib/libtcl.a
cp: /usr/ports/lang/tcl/work/tcl7.3/../tcl7.3/libtcl.a: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

It seems that it is trying to copy these files straight from the work
directory of tcl.. Hmmm what if someone like me has zapped it
(make clean) to get some dearly needed H/D space?

Well, because I installed tcl, I have the library in /usr/local/lib. Or
is this copy needed because of the tcl/tk succession wars?

Any comments?

---
Alain