Date:      Thu, 05 Oct 2000 09:08:40 -0500
From:      "Michael G." <mikegoe@earthlink.net>
To:        "questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   strange mv

Doing some work as root, moving around some packages I dl'ed I made
two errors and am wondering what happened.  First, I was moving
files into a subdirectory and used the wrong slash once (i.e. mv
myfile \subdir) and the file is now gone.  Second at one point I
typed 'mv ~root/myfile* '  and forgot the  dot ..that file is gone
as well.  Shouldn't I have gotten error messages instead?

Thanks for any info.

Michael G.
Buick Performance...Driving fast with Class
Passing everything but gas stations

          71 Skylark Custom

ICQ #24517082        mikegoe@earthlink.net