Date:      Mon, 21 Dec 1998 09:32:41 -0600
From:      Richard Seaman <dick@tar.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>, "Brian W. Buchanan" <brian@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Cc:        Joseph Lee <nugundam@best.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: linking against libc_r

On Mon, Dec 21, 1998 at 10:25:39AM -0500, Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> With the recent addition of Linuxthreads to FreeBSD it may soon be possible to use a Wine rpm to play starcraft :)

I've had a report already from someone who took the linux threads patches
and tried to compile the latest Linux version of WINE.  The compilation
went ok, but execution did not.  WINE uses additional Linux syscalls that
are not implemented in our emulator yet, apparently (modify_ldt being
the offender that was discovered).

--
Richard Seamman, Jr.          email: dick@tar.com
5182 N. Maple Lane            phone: 414-367-5450