Date:      Thu, 16 Jul 1998 00:42:44 -0400
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <ac199@hwcn.org>
To:        Mikhail Teterin <mi@video-collage.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Stopping the bloody cross posting.

On Wed, Jul 15, 1998 at 02:57:30PM -0400, Mikhail Teterin wrote:

> Mm. Indeed. Well, right now, majordomo has a per-user option of mailing
> a message to its sender. A similar option can be introduced to allow for
> per-user configuration of what to do with user on multiple lists handled
> by the same machine. The default values of that option for a new user
> can be left to the list's maintainer.

Go Mikhail, go!

"If you build it, they will come."

> => =Finally, those headers are not altogether reliable.
> => Well, I'm not sure what you mean by this.
> =Look at the headers to this message.  It was also sent to -chat, but
> =you don't see that in the To: or Cc:.
> Weird, I admit, unless you did this on purpose (through Bcc, or smth)...

It was intended to clarify my above-quoted comment, the one preceeded
by the "> => =".

[Incidentally I've heard par(1) can fix-up those quote chars...
I'm going to slosh through that manpage sometime, yet... :-]

> =And this is one of them: people who have to (repeately) ask "Please
> =Cc: me your answer."  With proper -list policy such requests are not
> =necessary.
>
> They are if the person asking is not subscribed to the list...

_With_ _proper_ -list _policy_ such requests _are_ _not_ necessary.

ie.  You (just now) didn't Cc: me.  You should have.  I happened
to get this message because it luckily happened to get caught in
my kibbo.Mailbox and because I happened to have time to read -chat
today.  Next time the world may not be so lucky.  :(

--
This .sig is not innovative, witty, or profund.