Date:      12 Feb 1998 17:03:26 +0100
From:      Benedikt Stockebrand <benedikt@devnull.ruhr.de>
To:        Cliff Addy <fbsdlist@federation.addy.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD firewall questions

Cliff Addy <fbsdlist@federation.addy.com> writes:

> Even if I can't, the real purpose of all this is to measure and meter
> outbound traffic, anyway.

Hmm, you could've told us before :-)

Depending on what you want to do in particular it might have been
easiest to make odo use promiscuous mode on its interface and stay out
of the way.

> My one concern is: what if odo dies?  Can I set up the other FreeBSD
> machines to "fallback" to wormhole if odo cannot be contacted?

I'm not sure about this, but maybe you can do that with different
route metrics alone.

In the long run proper dynamic routing is probably the best approach,
either with routed(8) from the distribution or gated from the ports
collection.

    Ben

--
Ben(edikt)? Stockebrand    Runaway ping.de Admin---Never Ever Trust Old Friends
My name and email address are not to be added to any list used for advertising