Date:      Mon, 12 Mar 2012 09:33:19 +1000
From:      Da Rock <freebsd-questions@herveybayaustralia.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Suggestion

On 03/11/12 21:03, ajtiM wrote:
> On Saturday 10 March 2012 17:36:53 Da Rock wrote:
>
>> No system is actually truly capable of this, with the exception of the
>> newest kid on the block Plan9. Winblows, in its current form, is the
>> bastard love child of DOS and some black sheep cousin of Unix
>> (twice-removed), so its not happening there either; just some sleight of
>> hand tricks to partially achieve the result with a decrease of security
>> to boot.
>>
> IMO it is the Microsoft and CO. tactics how to eliminate concurency - Unix,
> Mac... They never tried to be better...
Hah! They didn't need to. The guys who designed Unix finally wound up
their work once ported, and then said "we can do a lot better now" and
Plan9 was born. The change was too dramatic for commerce to change for
supposedly little reward, and so Plan9 was left on the backburner while
a lot of its features were integrated into other *nix platforms (rc,
file based devices, etc).

So in a way they did try to be better, but not exactly with the original
designers blessing. And Plan9 is still an immature child... shame.