Date:      Mon, 05 Mar 2001 16:40:27 +0200
From:      Igor Malinin <igor@widespace.ee>
To:        "security@FreeBSD.ORG" <security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   DNS service over TCP

I've set up a dns server (BIND 9.1.1rc2).
All working fine except for some hosts cant
do TCP connections on port 53. Firewall seems
to be not the problem because I've made sucesfull
connections from several hosts, all in different
networks over internet.

There is an example of host that can't connect
to port 53 through TCP: http://www.nic.fr/zonecheck/english.html

I've set logging on my firewall and see only ICMP packets
coming from that host.

I can't find logic in what hosts connects and what hosts don't.
Anybody knows what can cause that and how to solve this?

PS. I know nothing about UDP service availability for hosts
where TCP service unavailable.

My DNS server is ns.widespace.ee (212.49.2.20) if it would
help you.