Date:      Sun, 13 Dec 1998 13:13:25 -0500
From:      angelsan@bellsouth.net
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Bug? FreeBSD 3.0-RELEASE

I downloaded the distribuition of FreeBSD-RELEASE to install it
from a dos partition, but when I attempted to do so the installer
gave me a message that could not install it with a hint that it might
be because the distribution was not present in the partition I had it.
 At first I was using the D:\FREEBSD partition on the second drive
on the first IDE controller (wd0s2).  I suspected that it had to be on
the C: drive so I copied evrething to C:\FREEBSD, but I got the
same result.  I consulted with the users and developers at #freebsd
on EfNet but I was todl I was doing the righ thing.  Finally I decided
to mirror the CDROM by moving all the data from D:\FREEBSD to
D:\ and it worked!.  So I found out that the distribution needs to be
on the root directory rather than on the \FREEBSD for a dos
partition installation.

Thanks for a great job!

Angel