Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 1997 18:30:52 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Jay D. Nelson" <jdn@qiv.com>
To:        Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: trouble with xfree

I'd be very interested in knowing how you accomplished this.

Thanks.

-- Jay

On Mon, 14 Apr 1997, Stephen Roome wrote:

->On Mon, 14 Apr 1997, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
->
->> > On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
->> > > Back up and reinstall.  You can't increase the size of a partition
->> > > after it's got a filesystem on it.
->> >
->> > Oh, it worked for me, no doubt I'll be crashing lots when it gets nearly
->> > full then =)
->>
->> Uh...  WHAT worked for you? :-)
->
->Uh sorry, must've been asleep when I wrote that, it was about changing
->the size of a partition after the filesystem was added.
->Somehow I managed this last week when I split a 60MB partition into two
->with the first half of it glued on the end of my /usr and the last half
->as swap. (The swap bit wasn't a problem obviously).
->
->Not sure about how I managed this, but df seems to have the correct idea
->and nothing complains either when getting geometries/fsck/mounting.
->
->I Must've been very lucky, well, it wasn't an important computer and it
->seemed like a fun thing to try and do =)
->
->--
->Steve Roome
->Technical Systems Manager, Vision Interactive Ltd.
->E: steve@visint.co.uk      M: +44 (0) 976 241 342
->T: +44 (0) 117 973 0597    F: +44 (0) 117 923 8522
->