Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 22:04:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Lost interrupts in snd0 ?

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Randall Hopper wrote:

> Chuck Robey:
>  |Randall Hopper:
>  |> Also, I've never supped CVS so I'm a little leary of doing that.  Is
>  |> this recommended for someone with a pixie-straw connection to the net
>  |> (56k modem)?  Or just the fat pipe folks.
>  |Randall, the thinner your pipe, the more you want cvsup.  I tell you right
>  |now, you will be completely amazed at how fast it goes.  I have only a
>  |33.6, and I usually cvsup in less than 6 minutes.  Hows that?
>
> Sounds tempting.  Is this first pull this fast?  That is, when pulling up
> from -RELEASE to -STABLE, does it just pull -RELEASE -to- -STABLE deltas?

Pulling a clean STABLE up will take time, the first time.  I'm not
absolutely certain about this, but I know that cvsup keeps private
information around about what it's pulled (and you'll have to configure
someplace, some directory, to store it in) so I *think* you won't benefit
from having RELEASE there already, but I absolutely *guarantee* that,
after using a month, you will completely and unreservedly agree with me.

It's *well* worth the first long hour pulling stuff down.

> Thanks,
>
> Randall

Chuck Robey            | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr@picnic.mat.net  | electronics, communications, and signal processing.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary.