Date:      Tue, 02 May 2000 07:41:56 -0700
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
Cc:        Idea Receiver <receiver@RedDust.BlueSky.net.au>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Old-style KLD file linuxelf found?

Donn Miller wrote:
> Idea Receiver wrote:
> >
> > My mail server was down for pass few days. Hope I didnt miss anything
> > important!
> >
> > Today, I try to make world and then rebuild the kernel.
> > After I restart the machine, it shows "Old-style KLD file linuxelf found"
> > and "Old-style KLD file linuxaout found" and then core dumped.
>

> What you need to do is/
>
> brandelf -t Linux /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig
>
> and then reboot.

Actually, I'm not sure that I see how this has to do with the message above.
What was reported was a diagnostic message from the kernel module loader
about having a kernel with the new kld interface but an old-style kld.
The original poster has just got the kernel and kld's out of sync.

Cheers,
-Peter