Date:      Thu, 18 Mar 1999 08:43:33 -0500
From:      Steven McLean <mclean@bankvault.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   making the ports collection and using passive ftp

I have noticed this problem back when I first started using FreeBSD
v2.2, my company has a fire-wall
and I can only make FTP connections via passive FTP.  Great, I look in
the make.conf file and there
is an option to use passive, below is the exact line

FTP_PASSIVE_MODE=      YES

This doesn't seems to work, the only way to make the make work is to put
this statement in the make.conf

FETCH_BEFORE_ARGS=-p

Anyone else have this problem?  Maybe the person that takes care of the
make.conf file add the fetch before
args statement.  I can't believe i'm the only person that has had this
problem.

-Steven