Date:      Sat, 19 Feb 2005 00:01:29 +0100
From:      Nicolas <lists@serpe.org>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Enabling ftpd at startup

Hello,

I'm planning on letting ftpd launch at startup on my FreeBSD 5.3 server,
but the usual "ftpd_enable" line is not supported in rc.conf. That's a
bit sad.

Instead I saw on the handbook that uncommenting a line on inetd.conf
should do the trick (I suppose that I must put "inetd_enable" in rc.conf
as well..).

But I would prefer not to use inetd, because I don't like this concept much.

So what should I do ? Use inetd anyway ? What's the best way ?

Thanks.