Date:      Fri, 16 Jun 2000 15:11:16 +1000
From:      Danny <dannyh@idx.com.au>
To:        Mark.Hummel@hurlburt.af.mil, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, mhumm@ispchannel.com
Subject:   Re:

There is probably something wrong with the way your ports have created your
shortcuts for KDE

what you have to do is the following :-

as root

cd /usr/local/share/applnk/Internet
Then vi kicq.kdelnk

Then make sure that that shortcut is actuall;y running kicq.

Or is there some kind of kicq.core file in your home directory?

Looking forward to your feedback

dannyh
dannyh@idx.com.au

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, Mark.Hummel@hurlburt.af.mil wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I tried to install KICQ which is an ICQ client for FreeBSD.  I used the
> terminal from within KDE and it seemed to install just fine -- it even
> created an icon for it.  When I click on the KICQ icon, my hard drive runs
> for a second and that's it.  Nothing else happens and obviously the program
> doesn't run. The same thing happened when I installed Netscape for FreeBSD.
> Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong???
>
> Mark

You are not authorized to use my email address for spam or any purpose
whatsoever. Remove my email address from your databases immediately and do
not attempt to email me in any way.