Date:      Wed, 02 May 2001 15:36:28 -0700
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@soco.agilent.com>
To:        Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linksys wireless access point

Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:

> i've tried both setting it to the same as the one used by the linksys (it
> defaults to 'linksys') and leaving it set to 'ANY', so it will go to any
> network it can find.

     I'm not sure "ANY" works, although it's supposed to (I think you
may have to set it to the empty string, "", instead -- without the
quotes).

     From the above, I believe you've tried this, but I just want to
double-check (note the "-n"):

	wicontrol -i wi0 -n linksys

Linksys does have a Lucent Orinoco/Wavelan-specific note mentioning that
you must set the desired network name to match that used by the access
point, and that a blank network name will not work (this is for the
WAP11, but it probably also applies to the BEFW11S4).

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo@soco.agilent.com