Date:      Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:34:31 -0700
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Kurt Werle <kwerle@pobox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Java on Free-BSD 5.2

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 10:11:12AM -0800, Kurt Werle wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 08:47:57AM -0800, Trang Nguyen wrote:
> >> - Is native JDK support planned for java 1.4.1 on free-bsd versions 5.x
> >> upwards?
> >
> > It already exists.  See the java/jdk14 port.
>
> Wouldn't it be great if this info was obvious at http://freebsd.org/java ?

Try the "Getting Java for FreeBSD" link.  You're right though, the
information on the main page could be improved so people are pointed
to that link explicitly.

> >> - When is the target date for the release?
> >
> > Its happened.  If you instead mean a binary release then the answer is
> > "when its ready".
>
> It's friendly and helpful responses like this that make me happy I'm
> moving to OSX.

Well, in this case I can't give a better response.  The binary release
involves legal processes which must be followed, the timing of which is
entirely out of my hands.

Anyway, good luck with OS X, it looks cool :).

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org