Date:      Thu, 1 Jan 2004 19:47:32 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: netgraph.ko vs. compiled in.

--2JFBq9zoW8cOFH7v

On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 02:38:09PM -0500, Bill Moran wrote:

> If I build a kernel with "options netgraph", in order to use mpd,=20
> netgraph.ko
> is still loaded at boot (with an error) but mpd does not work.

You can't simultaneously load a .ko and have the same code compiled
into the kernel.
=20
> If I build the kernel without netgraph, netgraph.ko loads, along with oth=
er
> netgraph modules required for PPTP, and mpd works like a charm.
>=20
> What I haven't tried yet, is compiling a kernel with all the options for =
all
> the netgraph modules I'll need compiled in to see if that works.

It's generally best either to kldload all of the netgraph modules you
require for this purpose or to compile them all into the kernel.  One
way, or the other, but not a mixture of both.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Savill Way