Date:      Fri, 18 Aug 2000 15:54:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      matta <matta@unixshell.com>
To:        Chris Cook <ccook@tcworks.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Monitoring Network Traffic

Chris,
	I have had good luck using both MRTG and Cricket. I have found
Cricket to provide more information for monitoring an entire network. It
will let you monitor router cpu/temp/mem usage, Portmasters, BGP routing,
router interfaces, switch ports and pretty much anything else with
modules. I also have it monitoring FreeBSD/WindowsNT servers just fine.

Cricket is in /usr/ports/net/cricket and MRTG is in /usr/ports/net/mrtg.

Thanks,
Matt