Date:      Tue, 09 Dec 2003 20:01:56 +1000
From:      Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
To:        David Leimbach <leimy2k@mac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: starting fresh

Hi Dave,

> This kernel doesn't boot.  When I set currdev=cd:. I get a little closer
> but then the loader complains that it can't load 'kernel'
> no bootable kernel.

  I just built a fresh CD with the latest loader/kernel, and it
works OK on my eMac. So,

  From the OpenFirmware prompt, can you do a directory of /boot/kernel/ ?
i.e.

0 > dir cd:,\boot\kernel\
3447548 12/ 9/ 3 19: 4:40 kernel ok

  Then, it should be able to be seen from the loader prompt:

OK ls -l /boot/kernel
/boot/kernel
     3447548 kernel

 > I still get tons of method <seek> not found errors...

  This can be avoided with the new loader by specifying currdev as
the first parameter e.g.

0 > boot cd:,\boot\loader cd:,

later,

Peter.