Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2007 19:10:22 GMT
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: amd64/108328: Freebsd-6.2: CD does not boot

The following reply was made to PR amd64/108328; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To: freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Cc: Armin Mohring <mohringarmin@hotmail.de>, freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 12:59:07 -0500

 On Thursday 25 January 2007 04:29, Armin Mohring wrote:
 > During boot, the AGP graphics card is recognized as ISA graphics card.
 > As a result, the kernel crashes and causes an core dump.

 FreeBSD normally sees the ISA-compat part of VGA cards as one of the last
 printfs during boot.  That is normal.  What we need are the actual crash
 messages.  If you can setup a serial console to capture a verbose boot that
 would be ideal.

 --
 John Baldwin