Date:      Wed, 7 Oct 1998 08:42:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The necessary steps for logging (the problem is fixed)

On Tue, 6 Oct 1998, Brett Glass wrote:
> There's also the problem that some editors expand tabs to spaces.
>
> In the name of consistency, I'd like to see FreeBSD (and, for that matter,
> ALL the BSDs) treat tabs and spaces the same, letting you quote spaces with
> a backslash (or quotes surrounding a string) if you want to embed them.

And that would make for even more readable sendmail.cf's
(on the plus side it would certainly get everyone to move to m4
instead of editing sendmail.cf directly :)

You have to examine the structure of the data in any config file
before deciding which characters are legal separators.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, a California corporation        dan@dpcsys.com