Date:      Thu, 15 Oct 1998 11:08:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Nicholas Albert Fikouras <m7naf@dcs.shef.ac.uk>
Cc:        "freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Configuring Ports

On Thu, 15 Oct 1998, Nicholas Albert Fikouras wrote:

>I would appreciate if anyone could tell me if freebsd offers some
>service that configures newly installed ports automatically. Take for
>example the apache www server. I have just installed it as a port. How
>can I get to configure it and get to run like other systen daemons.

FreeBSD does not offer any service that configures newly installed ports.
This is an impossible task (1,500 ports) and one that is better left to
the developer of the port in question.

The Apache group has excellent documentation that is on the web and that
comes with the port.

Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/