Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 1997 12:24:36 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Kenneth Merry <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        smp@csn.net (Steve Passe)
Cc:        andreas.klemm@wup.de, andreas@klemm.gtn.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP machine runs really slow, last kernel changes ???

Steve Passe wrote...
> Hi,
>
> I don't *think* its the SMP code, my test machines run fine here.  I would
> suspect an interaction with something else committed recently.  You might
> try undefing PEND_INTS in smptests.h,  thats the only thing changing recently.
>
> Anyone else see a slowdown?

	Actually, I think it may have to do with the recent scheduling
changes.  I've seen slowdowns with both UP and SMP -current machines under
load.  Putting this in my config file fixes things:

options         NO_SCHEDULE_MODS

	Andreas mentioned that he didn't see the slowdown until he cranked
up the two RSA crack processes.  So I think it's probably the same problem..
John knows about it, and said that he would work on a fix.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com