Date:      Tue, 06 May 2003 17:43:43 -0700
From:      Bakul Shah <bakul@bitblocks.com>
To:        Gunnar Flygt <gunnar.flygt@sr.se>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Current, ACPI and my Compac EVO N800c

> I also got a mail from Bakul Shah who had made it work with some tweaked
> Linux code that he loaded in /boot/loader.conf

The only change in loader.conf is this:
    echo 'acpi_dsdt_load="YES"' >> /boot/loader.conf
which says don't rely on system's ACPI table but load it
from a file.

> But if that works (as he say it does) Then it should be integrated into
> FreeBSD-CURRENT! Or?

There is nothing to integrate.  Evo800c/Presario28xx have a
badly broken ACPI table.  I found a version on a Linux
related site (see below) that *limps along* better but still
not quite right.  In particular, many things don't get
reinitialized properly on wakeup from the suspend state.  The
only reason for using ACPI is to check the remaining battery
time.  Unfortunately apm does not give the same info on this
laptop.

URLs:
    http://www.dcc.ufmg.br/~ghuiban/compaq_presario_2805/files/dsdt.hex.gz
    http://www.dcc.ufmg.br/~ghuiban/compaq_presario_2805/linux.html