Date:      Mon, 19 Jul 2004 14:17:53 -0600
From:      Scott Long <scottl@freebsd.org>
To:        "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: adaptec 29160 as module (on amd64) ?

Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Jul 2004, Scott Long wrote:
>
> Hi,
>

>>>Either I am missing something or ahc is not supposed to be
>>>working as module (on amd64) ?
>>>

>>I don't know of any reason why the ahc driver would behave any
>>differently on amd64 vs any other platform.  Unfortunately, amd64
>>doesn't fully support kernel modules yet.  This is rumored to be
>>fixed in time for 5.3.
>

> well it's working mostly ok here for other parts.
>
> So the ahc driver should work ok as module ? Then I suspect detection
> of the 29160 fails :(

Is there a reason why you suspect this?  The driver is designed to match
Id's that are 'close enough', and a stock 29160 should have no trouble
being matched.  Please compile the driver into the kernel to rule
this out.  As I've said before, kld modules are not 100% working or
supported on amd64 yet.

Scott