Date:      Thu, 9 Sep 1999 19:13:56 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Flash hanging machine

FreeBSD 3.2-R, just cvsuped and built PAO3 to make sure I'm up to
date.

I cannot get my SanDisk compact flash + pcmcia adaptor working with
freebsd on my laptop (Sony Vaio 505TR).
It works fine in my (all scsi) desktop box with a pcmcia controller
and 3.2-R + PAO3, in my palmtop, my old (half scsi/ide) desktop and in
the laptop running 'doze 98 but not with BSD.

"SunDisk"("SDP") [5/3 0.6] [(null)]

I insert the card, get
/kernel: Card inserted, slot 0
and then the box hard hangs.

If I give it a config that deliberately won't work it'll see the card
ok, CIS dump looks fine and normal but nothing I try with pccardc
enabler works; either hangs or complains with probe failed, device
not configured or irq mismatch.

At the moment, I have;

# SunDisk Flash ATA
card "SunDisk" ".*"
       config  0x3 "wdc1" 15
       insert  logger -s SunDisk Flash ATA inserted
       remove  logger -s SunDisk Flash ATA removed

controller      wdc0    at isa? port "IO_WD1" bio irq 14 flags 0xc0ff
disk            wd0     at wdc0 drive 0
controller      wdc1    at isa? disable port "IO_WD2" bio irq 15
disk            wd1     at wdc1 drive 0
controller      wdc2    at isa? disable port ? bio irq ?
device          acd0    at wdc2 drive 0

wdc2 is for my microcd, which works fine. Every ether or modem card
I've tried in this box works fine, it's just this damn flashcard
I can't get working.
I've tried
controller      wdc1    at isa? disable port ? bio irq ?
and/or irq 10 in both places with no more luck.
Windows reports the card in use at irq 11 i/o 0x1020-0x102F

I was hoping to be able to use the flash for short term storage while the
hard disk is spun down :/

Help ?

P.

--