Date:      Mon, 2 Aug 2004 16:10:28 GMT
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/69086: Porters Handbook: How to convert from CR/LF to LF using REINPLACE_CMD

The following reply was made to PR docs/69086; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
To: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.org>
Cc: Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@regency.nsu.ru>,
	bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 09:04:19 -0700

 On Sun, Jul 18, 2004 at 05:04:00AM +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
 > On 2004-07-15 14:01, Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@regency.nsu.ru> wrote:
 > > I therefore suggest including this in Porter's Handbook, as in
 > > attached patch.
 >
 > This looks like a very nice way to filter the sources to me.  I'm not
 > very experienced with the way our ports system works though.
 >
 > Do the people on freebsd-ports agree about this change?  In particular,
 > since he seems to be the most active ports committer that updates the
 > porters-handbook, does David O'Brien agree with this addition?

 I'm really not the most active ports committer updating the
 porters-handbook these days.  I personally have no problems with the
 proposed changed.

 --
 -- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)