Date:      Fri, 25 May 2001 22:14:28 -0400
From:      Bill Vermillion <bill@wjv.com>
To:        Bsdguru@aol.com
Cc:        andy@xecu.net, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Freeside

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 08:46:36PM -0400, Bsdguru@aol.com thus sprach:
> In a message dated 5/25/01 4:02:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time, andy@xecu.net
> writes:

> > I apologize for the lack of sensitivity or content in my
> > post, but am I the only laughing at the email address
> > "bsdguru@aol.com"?
> >
> >  Kind of like opensource@microsoft.com....or
> >  superslut@whitehouse.gov.

> >  The email equivalent to an oxymoron; you gotta love it.

> What a snob!

> Actually, when you get 1000 messages a day, AOL mail is nice,
> particularly when dialing up, because 1) all the message subjects
> are available with no download and 2) they dont clutter my disk
> and 3) if i dont feel like getting messages from a list for awhile
> I can easily block the domain and I'll never see the messages.

I normally dont get more than 500 messages day.  My BSD machine
checks with the a couple of times/hour for mail, twice per hour to
get the lastest Usnet news [ I get only the a subset of comp.unix]
and I never have to dial anywhere.

> With Eudora it took 15 minutes just to get my mail, particularly
> on weekends. So laugh all you want, Im happy with the setup.

I can be reading mail while my system is getting mail.  If you
are a BSDguru why aren't you using BSD so you don't have to do
things like that.

You ARE posting to the freebsd-isp list.

--
Bill Vermillion -   bv @ wjv . com