Date:      Thu, 15 Jun 2000 13:33:46 +0200
From:      "Reichmuth, Philipp" <p.reichmuth@gtw-bonn.de>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Macintosh/FreeBSD printing question

Hi there :-)

I am setting up a small, rather hybrid LAN with a FreeBSD-based server.
We've got two official IP addresses and three computers (the BSD server, a
Wind*ws-based client and an iMac), so I'll probably configure the server as
a masquerading gateway and assign a local address to the Windows client.

Now I've got a laser printer that I want to attach to the BSD machine for
shared print services. Having the Windows machine print on the BSD box is
not a problem using Samba, but how do I enable AppleTalk print services on
the BSD machine?

Or is there any other way, such as a Mac driver for lp-based print servers?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the slightly off-topic question.

Philipp