Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 2002 19:14:12 +1000
From:      Paul Fraser <pjfraser@bigpond.net.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   HP DeskJet 810C under FreeBSD 4.5

Hello,

I've installed FreeBSD 4.5, and am trying to set up my HP DeskJet 810C
(connected via /dev/lpt0) under it. I can talk to the Printer (eg, lptest
> /dev/lpt0 works), but I have a few problems..

The text runs off the page (A4) in one single line, I have stair-stepping
text, and whenever I print from within KDE or another app, it seems to
screw up completely and print one page containing what looks like the
start of Postscript, then prints about 5 pages of nothing (Just blank
pages).

Would anybody be able to help me set this printer up?

Thanks in advance!