Date:      Thu, 20 Nov 2003 13:43:18 -0600
From:      "Tommy Heaney" <shamanix@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dell Latitude C600

First off, hello everyone, this is my first post to the list.  I am
relatively new to *nix, have made a few installations but haven't gotten
much further then the basics.

My question is concerning a FreeBSD 5.0 RC2 (need to update) installation on
my Dell Latitude C600.  I am wondering what kind of configurations I need to
make in order to be able to put the laptop to sleep.  In Windows, I could
press the power button and the machine would sleep.  Another problem has
been when I close the display and open it back up, the machine appears to
still be on but the screen never comes back.  My next question is, what kind
of power management utilities are available?  I use Fluxbox window manager
(and sometimes KDE).  I'd like to be able to see how much battery power is
left.  Hopefully someone with the same configuration (C600) can give me some
help.

Thanks,

-Tommy