Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 1995 12:38:21 -0700
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Peter da Silva <peter@bonkers.taronga.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TCL vs...

>>> Peter da Silva said:
 > > The "FreeBSD killer app" syndrome smells like technology for the
 > > sake of technology.
 >
 > Quite the contrary. It's a challenge to that mindset.

Sorry I don't consider this a challenge at all.

Lets assume that for a brief moment or less that you are right.

What will end users do with FreeBSD?
So lets see, hack on device drivers, VM systems, add new system calls, etc..

But wait for a real life need it would be best to reboot or move
over to a different machine which run Windows or some other OS with apps.

Sounds kind of neat for a University environment or an OS research
environment :)

Now what could be a real life need asks Peter?

(1) A spread sheet application
(2) A comfortable WYSIWYG word processor
(3) A nice GUI for a 3d graphics library
(4) Image manipulation
(5) A nice graphical front-end to a database
(6) Integration of TV, phone, sound and an API to go with it.

	Okay, this was  not a one or two liner :)
	Amancio