Date:      Wed, 7 Mar 2001 14:17:50 -0800
From:      Eugene Lee <eugene@anime.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ntpdate not working

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 12:42:19PM -0800, Eugene Lee wrote:
:
: I'm having a problem getting ntpdate to set the time.  It seems to be
: getting the correct offset, but it's not setting the time.

Thanks to Jonathan Chen and George Reid for responding so quickly!

I ended up changing kernel.securelevel to 1 in /etc/rc.conf.  For anyone
else who might run into similar time synchronization issues, the -b option
for ntpdate is needed if the time difference is greater than 0.5 seconds.

	# ntpdate -b ncar.ucar.edu

--
Eugene Lee
eugene@anime.net