Date:      Fri, 28 Jul 2000 09:47:43 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Siobhan Patricia Lynch <trish@bsdunix.net>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>, Rick Hamell <hamellr@aracnet.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Books

On Thursday, 27 July 2000 at 16:48:06 -0400, Siobhan Patricia Lynch wrote:

>>> 	Yes, at least three I know of for sure. One by O'Reilly, a FreeBSD
>>> for Dummies and one geared towards corporate network admins.
>>
>> lol!  Now be nice. :)
>
> I also was working on one, more of an overview for people looking to
> learn more about BSD in general, however its been sidelined due to
> several other writing assignments I'm working on.

A general word of warning here: many more books get started than get
finished.  The "for dummies" book is the second attempt (new author).
Others have also fallen by the wayside, including a Sams "FreeBSD in
21 days".  Don't count on any of these getting finished (though I'll
do my damndest to see that "Advanced BSD System Administration" does).

Greg