Date:      Tue, 25 May 1999 17:30:41 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        seth@freebie.dp.ny.frb.org (Seth)
Cc:        serge69@nym.alias.net, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Q] How stable is FreeBSD 3.X ?

As Seth wrote ...

> Why not upgrade to -STABLE and solve the problem?  I also had panics under
> 3.1-RELEASE, but they were all fixed within one week of -STABLE upgrades.

I agree this may fix it. But it does not address the original point of
Sergey: why should I need to go for V.next if I just got my V.today with
-RELEASE stamped on it?

Mind you, there are more than enough answers to that question. One of the
major ones is the fact that FreeBSD is a volunteer effort. We don't have
paid people to test it on a gazillion different hardware platforms.

If you think that is not relevant: I used to work with the SCO Unix source
base and the amount of comment on hardware quirks is considerable to say the
least.

No instant answers I guess,.