Date:      Wed, 25 May 2011 14:23:37 -0500
From:      Jim Bryant <kc5vdj.freebsd@gmail.com>
To:        Dieter BSD <dieterbsd@engineer.com>
Cc:        mav@freebsd.org, freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Siis(4) does not play well with others! :-(

you have port multiplier working on that?

i have a generic board (ebay from hong kong) that looks just like the
siis reference board for that chip (1x pcie), and it IDs during
probe/attach as not having port multiplier capability.

does this capability only show if there is actually a port multiplier
attached?  i would have thought that it would show as a capability even
without.

also, i have a couple of WD Green (EADS) 2TB drives attached to mine
without problem on an intel dq45ek mini-itx mobo (Core2 Duo E8200).

i have an interest in the above question, as the goal for the mentioned
box is to maintain it as the houshold server, and it's running out of
space with six 2TB drives.

on a side note, is there a way to do the equiv of atacontrol spindown on
ahci?  i get error messages on that command at startup now after
switching to ahci a couple of months ago.  this server will ultimately
have 15 drives in it, and i really want spindown capability in ahci.

jim