Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 1996 14:55:13 PST
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.de>
Cc:        erich@lodgenet.com (Eric L. Hernes), FreeBSD-current@freebsd.org (FreeBSD current users)
Subject:   Re: cdrom boot?

In message <199611191746.SAA00462@freebie.lemis.de>you write:
>... the impression that I got from the c't
>article was that it was pretty straightforward.

It looks reasonably straightforward.  To boot from an emulated floppy, there's
a little bit of glue, and then an image as a iso9660 file.  We only need to
use up cd space for the glue, since the file can just be boot.flp.  There's
also a "Boot in this manner from the CD" int13 function, so there could be a
"bootcd.exe" in case the user's BIOS is a little weird.

I stuck the postscript file in http://www.freebsd.org/~fenner/cdrom7.ps for
anyone who doesn't have a PDF viewer.

  Bill