Date:      12 Nov 1999 04:26:03 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Q: POP client

Todd Meister <todd@lmi.net> writes:

> On 11-Nov-99 youlgok@attglobal.net wrote:
> > Please recommend me a good POP client except Netscape Messenger.
>
> If you like powerful command-line stuff, I would suggest mh.  You can
> use exmh for a bit more of the GUI experience.  Fetchmail, procmail,
> and mh used together are, from what I've heard, very nice.
> Unfortunately, I started out on my machine with a GUI mail client, and
> I'm too {lazy,busy} to switch over.

Probably my worthless $.02, but I am using a single-drop fetchmail
mailbox, and a proper list of regexp-filters in my ~/.gnus to split
incoming mail in nnml:* folders which XEmacs handles exactly like
newgroups, and it all kind of feels cool.

But then again, I am probably too much of an Emacs fan, so you have to
ignore me :)

Fetchmail works nicely with sendmail, but you need a properly configured
sendmail in order to use it.  AFAIK, with or without fetchmail you have
to configure sendmail *correctly* though.

Ciao.

--
Giorgos Keramidas, <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing." [Aristotle]