Date:      Thu, 5 Oct 2000 10:37:50 -0500 (CDT)
From:      BWS - Offwhite <brennan@offwhite.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   AIM behind the ipfw firewall

I have a private network set up with ipnat and natd feeding this network
with the public line.  Everything is working great, but some computers
cannot use the file transfer methods of AIM.  It complains about the
firewall, but I am currently running an open firewall.

I have some set up with a full IP redirect so they can get all traffic for
all ports to that IP, but for the dhcp users I simply have ipnat doing a
blanket translation for a single IP.  So they do not have a complete hold
on the ports they may want to use.

I am not sure how I could make this work for everyone besides giving
everyone a full translation for public to private IP.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Brennan Stehling - web developer and sys admin
projects: www.greasydaemon.com | www.onmilwaukee.com | www.sncalumni.com