Date:      Fri, 30 Jan 1998 16:22:06 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Totem TX chipset motherboard

On Fri, Jan 30, 1998 at 04:09:47PM +1030, Mike Smith wrote:
>> Recommended course of action of pruning this cc: ?
>
> Put it on -hardware, where it belongs.
>
>> On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, Mike Smith wrote:
>>
>>> Can people *please* identify and report the I/O device on these failing
>>> boards?  If you need help in working out which one it is, please ask.
>>> It is unlikely in the extreme that there is anything wrong with the
>>> timing, as the PCI-ISA bridge is configured by the BIOS and not changed
>>> by FreeBSD.
>>
>> Mike, if you're taking charge of this, I'll forward you any msgs I get
>> from -questions on it.
>
> If you can poke the questioners to identify the I/O chipsets and report
> the results of setting the 0x80 flags in the probe, I would be much
> obliged.
>
>> I've seen 10+ messages flow by on -questions in the past year or so with
>> this problem.
>
> I'm sure there are more people having it and just giving up.  Even
> technically competent individuals like Greg seem to find the few steps
> involved to be "too hard".

Bullshit, at least in my case.  I sent you the results over a month
ago.  Since this is my main machine, I'm waiting for the next boot
before investigating again.  From memory, it was failing two interrupt
probes (5 and 8?  Can't remember, so don't rely on the info.  I'll get
it again).  There's also one other bloke who promised to send me the
info, so I'll send that on here.

Greg