Date:      Fri, 4 Oct 2002 23:52:40 +0200
From:      Emiel Kollof <coolvibe@hackerheaven.org>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: (forw) CryptoGraphic Disk.

* Poul-Henning Kamp (phk@critter.freebsd.dk) wrote:
> In message <20021004214038.GB12938@hackerheaven.org>, Emiel Kollof writes:
> >Seems that the NetBSD-current people have a cool new toy. Any chance of
> >getting this into FreeBSD CURRENT in the future? See forward.
>
> We already have much the same in the GEOM_AES module, although the
> configuration is not as slick since it was mostly a proof-of-concept
> thing for data transformations in GEOM.

Nifty! All configurable from userspace I trust, which is the BSD way of
doing things elegantly :)

> On its way to -current is an industry-strength disk-encryption, but
> it is not commit ready yet.

Ah, that's all right. I'm sure it'll pop up when it's ready. Thanks for
the feedback. Maybe the GEOM people could glean some userspace configuration
details from the NetBSD solution. Having a cgdconfig(1) equivalent tool to
set such a beast up would be tres cool.

Keep up the good work anyways. GEOM is pretty cool.

Cheers,
Emiel
--
	"Surely you can't be serious."
	"I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley."