Date:      Mon, 22 Feb 1999 14:55:04 +0000
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott@dcs.qmw.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Xircom PCMCIA Ethernet driver (new version)

I've just rolled out a new release of my driver for Xircom CE2 and CE3
PCMCIA Ethernet cards.  You can grab the source/docs from:
http://www.dcs.qmw.ac.uk/~scott/xe_drv/

The big changes in this release are that I've got the media selection code
mostly working, and sorted out some of the problems with the probe
routine.  The media selection code now uses the 'media' option to ifconfig
and will successfully autonegotiate on all the hubs I have access to.

CEM56 support is still notable by its absence.  However, I know what the
problem is, and someone is working on it.

The code should compile on 3.0, 3.1 and maybe 4.0.  I doubt it will work
unchanged on 2.2.x -- a backport will happen at a later date.  Patches
would be appreciated if you need to do anything weird to get it to compile.

Please let me know about any and all problems/successes with the driver.  A
couple more updates and I'll be nagging the powers-that-be to get it
committed :)

Cheers,

	Scott

PS. If you received this directly and *don't* want any further mail about
the driver, let me know and I'll take you off my list.