Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2001 12:02:27 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, rjesup@wgate.com, Jack Rusher <jar@integratus.com>, Andrew Reilly <areilly@bigpond.net.au>, Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>, jonathan@graehl.org, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: configuration files, XML?

--cmJC7u66zC7hs+87

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 08:44:52PM -0800, Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems G=
roup wrote:
> This is something I've been thinking a lot about over the last couple=20
> of years and I've been pondering implementing this idea using a port=20
> initially and subsequently presenting it to this list for discussion=20
> someday.  Of course if the FreeBSD community doesn't want it, it would=20
> be a total waste of time.

I think doing this as a port would be an excellent idea.  The "FreeBSD
community" is a wide and diverse group, and while a segment of that
community might say "Go away, we don't want to know", I'm sure other
segments will be interested.  By making this work a port you make it
*much* easier for people to experiment with your work, without any of
the obstacles you would face if you wanted to get it integrated in to
the system immediately.

--=20
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve             http://www.freebsd.org/
FreeBSD Documentation Project           http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/

          --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---

--cmJC7u66zC7hs+87

--cmJC7u66zC7hs+87--