Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 2001 17:49:09 +0100
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: as segfaulting during world-build

On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 11:27:17AM -0500, Mikhail Teterin wrote:
> No, I don't think it is hardware. It died on the same spot for the
> third time in a row:
<...>

What date is the -CURRENT you are attempting the build on from? There were
problems with as failing for a while not long ago. Check your version of

src/lib/libc/stdio/findfp.c

(the installed one...) to see if it is revision 1.15 or later. If not, you
will have to get a working as (and as reported by Martin Blapp, the other
binutiles in /usr/bin/ and /usr/libexec/elf too) from somwhere like an ftp
snapshot... if this is not the problem, I dunno, I did not have any such
problems even though I have just finished a buildworld...

--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM
Szeged University