Date:      Mon, 31 Dec 2001 13:15:35 +0500
From:      "Haikal Saadh" <wyldephyre2@yahoo.com>
To:        "'leegold'" <leegold@operamail.com>, <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: no luck w/ppp - ripping out hair has commenced.

*snip*

> Would someone please allow me to email them
> personally and help me connect to my ISP.
> My isp uses login authentication NOT pap/chap,
> and recommends kernel ppp (pppd) for this purpose.
> All the documention I see for this case cites hacking
> two files: /etc/ppp/options AND /etc/ppp/chat.script.

Good to hear you finally solved this, but I'd just like to point out
that user ppp does in fact support 'traditional' logins, the 'set login'
like infact..

I believe that if you have just 'set login' in your ppp.conf, it uses
pap/chap, BUT if you have stuff following set login, it behaves like the
traditional login script you are needing. I would quote the example, but
I can't remember it off the top of my head, but it's in the pmdemand
section of the example file IIRC.

Happy New Year.

*snip*