Date:      Fri, 18 Apr 1997 13:50:10 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        mike allison <mallison@konnections.com>, chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Commercial, Non-Hacker CD Distribution - A thought

> 	Then again, so far, there are only two of that even consider this
> to be a reasonable idea *shrug*

Well, not unreasonable, I simply think it's simply a MORE reasonable
idea to package up and make the Linux product work for now.  I've
worked for major ISVs and I know the Fear and Loathing that the
prospect of Yet Another Platform to support generates (hint: We hate
the very idea - it's just More Work(tm)).  Why make ISVs jump through
those hoops for a market which is *known* to be significantly smaller
than the Linux market and for which potential sales are a complete
unknown?

Make the Linux product work and give them a place to check "FreeBSD
customer" for each sale, then maybe they'll change their tunes once
they see that the FreeBSD market is actually present and willing to
run the Linux product until such time as a native version comes
available.

					Jordan