Date:      Sat, 21 Jun 2003 19:52:50 +0000
From:      Kim Fredenberg <kim.fredenberg@dc.turkuamk.fi>
To:        Jeandre du Toit <jeandre@itvs.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86

Jeandre du Toit wrote:

>That option seems to work alot better than the graphical option. I am glad
>that I am not the only person that suffers trying to use that.
>
>Thanks alot for all the help.
>Jeandre
>
>On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, David Lodeiro wrote:

Hi,

I typically do 'XFree86 -configure' as root. This method automtically
detects your hardware. Then I manually edit the missing parts such as
Monitor rates, keyboard layout etc. by hand. I find this an easy way of
configuring X. After I did it in this way a couple of times it made me
feel that it was much quicker and easier than any config frontend.

Kim