Date:      Fri, 21 Mar 2003 11:42:46 +0100
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        budsz <budsz@kumprang.or.id>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Security <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: About *.asc

--nHwqXXcoX0o6fKCv

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 04:31:58PM +0700, budsz wrote:
> I was import gpgkey in http://www.freebsd.org/doc/pgpkeyring.txt, then I
> try to:

> $ gpg --edit-key security-officer@FreeBSD.org

[snip logs]

> Command> save
> Key not changed so no update needed.
>=20
> This's some problem?

No, because the trust database is separate from the key database. The key
has not changed, so the message is correct.

> But if I try again:
>=20
> $ gpg --verify xdr-4.patch.asc
> gpg: Signature made Thu Mar 20 08:09:54 2003 WIT using DSA key ID CA6CDFB2
> gpg: Good signature from "FreeBSD Security Officer <security-officer@Free=
BSD.org>"
> gpg: checking the trustdb
> gpg: checking at depth 0 signed=3D0 ot(-/q/n/m/f/u)=3D0/0/0/0/0/1
> gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the ow=
ner.
> Primary key fingerprint: C374 0FC5 69A6 FBB1 4AED  B131 15D6 8804 CA6C DF=
B2
>=20
> WARNING message still appeare. how to resolv this?

Hmm, that is strange. I thought I did this (with an other key) before, but
it seems that you're right.

If I set it to 5, 'ultimate trust' the warning disappears. I think I need
to read up on the trust relations and GnuPG.

For now, if you understand why the message appears you can always ignore it.

HTH,

--Stijn

--=20
I have great faith in fools -- self confidence my friends call it.
		-- Edgar Allan Poe

--nHwqXXcoX0o6fKCv

--nHwqXXcoX0o6fKCv--