Date:      Thu, 05 Jun 1997 17:44:14 -0700
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
To:        Gary Palmer <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Damian Hamill <damian@cablenet.net>, Jim Dixon <jdd@vbc.net>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: news server source for 95/NT

(Hmm.. I don't want a FBSD vs NT war, ...not on this list :-) ).
It's my mistake, although the original discussion in the hackers list
was about news servers, the conclusion was that we rule the DNS market,
not the news market ;-/. Anyway it isn't a secret that NT is much more
popular that Linux, FreeBSD and OS2 together.
As I stated privately to an NT enthusiast, even if the performance tests
gave the contrary results of what we see today, I would still prefer
FreeBSD because it's free and I don't depend on M$. I'm not at all
interested in going to the old scheme of buying a C compiler and many
user licenses in addition to the OS.

	Pedro.