Date:      Tue, 3 May 2011 11:23:36 +0200
From:      Olivier Smedts <olivier@gid0.org>
To:        Devin Teske <dteske@vicor.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [UPDATE] New Boot-Loader Menu -- version 1.3

2011/5/3 Devin Teske <dteske@vicor.com>:
> Hey all,
> Proud to bring you version 1.3 which completes the followup suggestions m=
ade
> by Olivier Smedts (use autoboot_delay instead of loader_menu_timeout and
> change dc_seconds to loader_delay) and a couple other minor
> enhancements/fixes.
> I think that brings everything up to speed with the phenomenal feedback
> provided so far. Really, thank you all very much.

That was fast !

> Get your update
> at=A0http://druidbsd.sf.net/=A0or=A0http://druidbsd.sourceforge.net/downl=
oad/loader_menu-1.3.tgz

Installed here, on another computer.

Added to /boot/loader.conf :
loader_delay=3D"0"
loader_color=3D"YES"

Removed :
loader_logo=3D"beastie"

Kept :
autoboot_delay=3D"3"

I'm happy with it. The "stop delay on all keys" feature is great, I
have an habit of using arrow keys to stop or reset delays in boot
loaders because those keys usually don't have a special meaning like
letters or space bar can have (except selecting another entry, in grub
for example).

But still, on this computer I've got "2. ACPI Support: Disabled",
while the old loader offers me to boot with ACPI disabled. ACPI seems
enabled after boot in both cases. I've got this behavior on 2
computers with different hardware, they both use 9-CURRENT (latest and
few days old) amd64, compiled with clang. I'll try to investigate a
little more.

Cheers

--=20
Olivier Smedts=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0=A0 _
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0=
 =A0 ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
e-mail: olivier@gid0.org=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 - against HTML email & vCards=A0 X
www: http://www.gid0.org=A0 =A0 - against proprietary attachments / \

=A0 "Il y a seulement 10 sortes de gens dans le monde :
=A0 ceux qui comprennent le binaire,
=A0 et ceux qui ne le comprennent pas."